This recipe came to mind when I was craving enchiladas, but didn’t want the carbs or have to do all the work of stuffing them and baking them. When I go to the store, I'll see just one small thing, and it speaks to me. Then I try to create a recipe out of it and that was the case with these bowls. I was shopping at Sprouts and I decided to buy their organic enchilada sauce (which is amazing by the way). That night, I created these bowls. If you are dairy-free, you can leave out the cheese and sour cream. I always cook the chicken in the instant pot to shred it. If you don’t have one, you can boil it on the stove as well. You can use regular rice for this recipe, but I actually cooked about 1/2 a cup of brown rice and mix cauliflower rice in it for my toddler. He LOVES rice and never even knows the cauliflower rice is mixed in! Check out the ingredient list and recipe instructions below:
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup red Enchilada sauce
- Riced cauliflower
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning (primal palate)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 chopped tomato
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream ( leave out for dairy free)
- Cheese (leave out for dairy free)
1.Mix shredded chicken with enchilada sauce.
2. In a large pan cook the onion and garlic in skillet for about 4-5 minutes or until onion is translucent .
3. Add bell pepper and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Add taco seasoning, salt, pepper, shredded chicken and sauce mix all together in the pan.
5. Cook the cauliflower rice according to the package. If you rice your own cauliflower you can cook it in a saucepan until desired tenderness.