Baby its cold outside (well maybe not in Florida). The holiday season is my favorite time of year! It’s filled with family traditions, Christmas decorations, gift shopping, crafts and time spent with family and friends. One of my favorite Holiday traditions is spending time with my Mom and sisters baking and decorating cookies, laughing until our sides hurt, and of course sipping on mimosas. But sometimes with all of the fun and festivities, the days quickly get away from me and I have little time left to prepare a hot meal for my family. That is when I enjoy my Instant Pot the most! Who doesn’t love the gift of time during any season of life? This Holiday season let the Instant Pot do just that for you or anyone on your Christmas list. From your favorite cook, college student or a new Mom this should be at the top of everyone’s wish list. I received my Instant Pot from my husband as a Mother’s day gift this year and I now use it a minimum of three times a week as it lets me prepare a fast, delish and healthy meal quickly for my family. (You know you are adulting when a kitchen appliance becomes the best mother’s day gift you’ve received!) I am going to share with you how to make a hearty bowl of chili in less than an hour that taste like it’s been cooked all day in the slow cooker. It’ll be just what you need to warm yourself up after spending all day on your feet crossing everyone off your Christmas list!
Chili is a staple for the holidays it’s easy, delish and feeds a crowd. You can serve this for a holiday party, Christmas Eve dinner, New Year’s Eve or Super bowl! For my family we always go to Christmas Eve service followed by a simple delish meal of chili or soup served with some homemade cornbread! I have re-created one of my family’s favorite chili recipes to be made quickly in the Instant Pot. Chili is so versatile so if you prefer more beans you can easily add in a can of black and pinto to go with the kidney beans in this recipe. I am not a huge bean fan so I only do one can of kidney beans as they are full of vitamins and minerals to help your body fight off cancer. Sit back, relax and enjoy your loved ones, this recipe proves that holiday meals don’t have to take all day to prepare. The recipe can be doubled to serve a large crowd. You can also make it festive and create a topping bar with items like shredded cheese, sour cream, brown rice, avocado, jalapenos, etc. Let your imagination run free with this, the possibilities are endless!
Instant Pot Chili
1 ½ pounds ground Venison or beef
8 Strips of bacon cut into pieces
1 15 ounce can of kidney beans
4 whole carrots chopped
½ of a yellow onion
3 cloves garlic minced
3 celery stalks chopped
1 large bell pepper
1 28 ounce can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
2 cups of chicken or beef stock
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chopped up bacon in the instant pot and set it to sauté for 10 minutes. Make sure you cook the bacon until the pieces are crispy. Once done remove the pieces with a slotted spoon from the instant pot and set aside. Leave the bacon grease at the bottom of the pot to use for your next step.
- Place the instant pot on sauté for another 6 minutes. Add the chopped carrots, celery, onion and garlic to the pot. Sauté onions become translucent.
- Set the instant pot to sauté for another 10 minutes add your ground beef or venison to the carrots, onion and celery mixture. If you use lean ground beef or venison they both don’t have a ton of grease in them so you will not need to drain the meat. Sauté until the meat is no longer pink.
- Once the meat is browned add all of the remaining ingredients including the cooked bacon, stirring in the spices gently. Allow most of the meat mixture to stay at the bottom of your pot to avoid burning.
- Set your instant pot on the chili/beans setting for 20 minutes. If you are in a hurry you can do manual pressure for 10 minutes. Try to let the steam out naturally this will allow for the beans to soften and not get hard.
- Last step is to serve and garnish with your favorite items!
Please comment, share and let me know how you like this recipe. The photos of this recipe and content above are protected by Authorship.
Please do not use our photos without prior permission from the owner. Please do not copy this recipe and share it as if it was your own. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on the blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make any large changes to a recipe, you are welcome to re-write it in your own words and provide a link back here to give me credit for the original recipe.
Spark the Way is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Thank you for sharing!